WCSMA MEMBERSHIP NEWSLETTER 2022-2023
I hope your school year is off to a smooth start! It has reached the time of year to renew your WCSMA membership! We look forward to many new and active members this year. In addition, please forward this message to any new music colleagues in your district, and please provide me with contact information for any music teachers that may have recently retired from your district who would like to maintain membership.
Membership Registration- EXISTING MEMBERS:
If you are an existing member looking to renew your membership, please DO NOT re-register on DaCapo! Instead, please log into your existing account, and follow the prompts for payment:
a. Payment via credit card- follow the prompts on the screen
b. Payment via check- click the green button, “Click here and print this invoice.” Print the invoice, and mail the check to the address on the invoice.
c. Payment via district- click the green button, “Click here and print this invoice.” Print the invoice for district processing. It is important that your district-issued invoice or PO includes the names of every teacher that is being paid for.
***For clarification, you can watch THIS VIDEO starting at 1:47 for video instructions.
Membership Registration- NEW MEMBERS & RECENT RETIREES:
If you are a new member, or someone who has retired in the 2022-23 school year, please click HERE for a step-by-step video explaining how to create your DaCapo membership account, or follow the steps below:
2. Visit https://wcsma.dacapomusicfestivals.com/
3. Click “Register”
4. Type in the Access Code: “wcsmateacher”
5. Click “Click here to enter access code”
6. Complete the Personal Membership Information
7. Click “Click here to register for WCSMA Festival Nominations”
8. Log in using your newly created username and password
9. Follow the prompts for payment at the bottom of the screen
a. Payment via credit card– follow the prompts on the screen
b. Payment via check– click the green button, “Click here and print this invoice.” Print the invoice, and mail the check to the address on the invoice.
c. Payment via district– click the green button, “Click here and print this invoice.” Print the invoice for district processing. It is important that your district-issued invoice or PO includes the names of every teacher that is being paid for.
ALL CHECKS MUST BE MADE OUT TO WCSMA
Below are some important notes regarding membership for this school year:
1. If your district pays for your dues, please ensure that your district issued invoice or PO includes the names of every teacher that is being paid for.
2. Dues for active/new members will remain at $40.00. Membership dues for retirees will remain at $25.00. Payment may be made via personal check or through a school purchase order. Payments should be made to WCSMA.
3. You are able to pay for your membership dues via credit card through AffiniPay (in lieu of PayPal) directly on the DaCapo site if you choose. Due to the electronic fees required by AffiniPay, the membership fee will be in the amount of $42.00 for active/new members and $27.00 for retired members.
4. All membership registrations and dues will need to be submitted by November 1, 2022. If you register after November 1, the fee will be $50.00 for active/new members and $35.00 for retirees if paid by personal check. If you pay via AffiniPay, there will be an additional $2 surcharge.
WCSMA requests that all contact information (phone number, email address, school address) be submitted. If any member feels uncomfortable with any part of their contact information being made available in a membership directory, please email me individually. However, ALL CONTACT INFORMATION IS NEEDED FOR ADMINISTRATIVE CONTACT PURPOSES ONLY (festival mailings, etc.). WCSMA promises confidentiality with any and all contact information of the membership via DaCapo.
If you need any additional assistance renewing your 2022-2023 WCSMA membership, please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As always, we thank you for your support and partnership. I wish you all the best in the year ahead!
Thomas (TJ) Bastone
WCSMA Membership Chairperson
255 Union Ave
Harrison, NY 10528