It has reached the time of year to renew your WCSMA membership! We look forward to many new and active members this year! In addition, please forward this message to any new music colleagues in your district, and please provide me with the email and mailing addresses of any music teachers that may have recently retired from your district.
Below are some important notes regarding membership for this school year:
1. Solochair will be used solely for registering your students for auditions and festivals.
2. New this year, we will be registering members via a WCSMA Google Registration Form. You will find the link to the membership registration form on the new WCSMA website under the membership tab. The link will be on the right-hand side of the page. The Google registration form is in addition to your Solochair account. The information you provide will generate our membership directory.
3. New this year, you will now be able to pay for your membership dues through PayPal if you choose. Due to the electronic fees required by PayPal, there will be a $2 surcharge should you decide to use this service. Membership fee via PayPal will be in the amount of $42.00 for active/new members and $27.00 for retired members. PayPal payments will be done directly through the new WCSMA website on the membership page.
4. For those members who choose to pay their membership dues by personal check or through a school purchase order, dues for active/new members will remain at $40.00. Membership dues for retirees will remain at $25.00.
5. All membership dues need to be completed on or before the WCSMA Open House which will be held on Thursday, October 11, 2018. You must be a registered WCSMA member in order to send your students to auditions and for your students to participate in our various festivals. If you register after October 11, the fee will be $50.00 for active/new members and $35.00 for retirees if paid by personal check, with an additional $2 surcharge if you pay via PayPal.
6. It is very important that all members register for membership via the Google Form. Any membership registration not completed through the Google Form will not be valid and therefore not included in the 2018-2019 online WCSMA directory.
In addition to renewing your membership, please make sure your school email address has been updated on Solochair. If you need assistance renewing your 2018-2019 WCSMA membership, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support. Best wishes for a happy, healthy, and rewarding school year!
Thomas (TJ) Bastone
WCSMA Membership Chairperson, 2018