Dear WCSMA Colleagues,
Happiest of New Years to you all!
At the end of this message please find the pdf’s containing information of Zone 11’s 2020 NYSSMA adjudication festivals:
A few points:
- If you have questions about which festival your students should attend, please visit http://wcsma.org/which-
- ALL 2020 jazz, guitar, and harp adjudications will be held at the UP COUNTY festival.
- This includes jazz vocal and jazz piano adjudications.
- If your school is a Down county participant, the up county deadline for jazz, guitar and harp submissions is MARCH 6, 2020, a different deadline than the down county deadline. Please read the attachments for more information.
- As you prepare your students this year please note that the NYSSMA manual is the July 2018 edition # 32.
- If your insert pages are yellow, you are using the correct version.
- Please read and re-read the ‘R’ pages which tell you all adjudication rules and requirements.
- Please read the manual’s introductory pages; anything with an arrow next to it is changed from previous editions.
- The jazz pages in the NYSSMA manual have been updated and expanded.
- If you are preparing a student for a jazz adjudication, please spend a few minutes reading explanations and rules.
- Questions? PLEASE ask BEFORE preparing a student incorrectly! email@example.com
2020 FEES are the same as last year and as follows: Solo & Ensemble: level 1-4 $16 (piano $22), Level 5-6 $24 (piano $30), All State $30
CONTINUING THIS YEAR: County Wide Strings-Only festival, level 1-4, March 27-28 in Edgemont.
- If you are sending your string students on a level 1-4 piece, they must attend this festival.
- See the attached pdf for more information.
NYSSMA information can be found at http://www.nyssma.org/
NYSSMA registration for Zone 11’s Majors Festival is open. Register at www.nyssma.org
All other festivals will open no later than Tuesday, January 21.
All information is attached in pdf form – any questions, please write to me or your festival’s host.
Please share this information with your district’s music faculty.
Wishing all our students a successful, positive NYSSMA 2020 adjudication experience!
NYSSMA Zone11 Representative