NYSSMA Virtual Solo Evaluation Festival 2021
Outline Procedure for Teachers
Please Note: The Original Festival Date determines the schedule below
- The teacher recommends students to participate in the NYSSMA Solo and Ensemble Festival and assists them with choosing appropriate repertoire.
- Before registration, parent/guardian is provided an electronic or hardcopy waiver to sign, allowing student to participate in the NYSSMA Virtual Solo and Ensemble.
- Registration is made available to school music teachers by the Festival Chair for a selected festival through the festival registration program. As in the past, festival registration software will be utilized.
- The student follows the school/school district procedures and submits required registration materials to the school music teacher.
Six Weeks Before the Original Festival Date
- Registration – The registration closing date for each festival will be published in the School Music News and on the NYSSMA website.
Three Weeks Before Original Festival Date
- The Festival Chair will provide the platform URL address to school music teachers for students to upload their work samples.
- Teacher will distribute platform information to students and assist students as needed with the digital process.
- Students login and upload their work samples which include: (task 1- student registration and uploaded copy of music, task 2 – scales, task 3 – solo performance, task 4 – sight reading).
- Teachers may assist students as needed.
- Students will have one full week to login to the platform and upload their work samples.
Two Weeks Before Original Festival Date
- Student work sample upload to the platform closes.
- The student upload deadline will be published in the School Music News and on the NYSSMA website.
Two Weeks After the Original Festival Date
- The school/school district will have access to completed evaluations on the platform.
- Teachers review evaluation results with students and print copies as needed.