Dear WCSMA Colleagues,
Enclosed please find information about our 2019 zone 11 NYSSMA adjudication season. A hard copy of all forms is being distributed by mail to all WCSMA members.
The volunteers who are running these festivals have been working to make your students’ experience a good one; before registering students please take a minute to read the enclosed information they have prepared.
A few points:
- The Jazz, guitar and harp adjudications will be held at the DOWN COUNTY festival. If you are an Up county participant, the deadline for these submissions is March 15, 2019, which is different than the up-county deadline.
- As you prepare your students this year please note that the NYSSMA manual is edition 32, NEW as of July 2018. If your insert pages are yellow, you are using the correct version.
- There is new information and new rules in this edition- please spend some time reading the introductory pages, anything with an arrow next to it is new information or a new rule.
- The Jazz pages in the NYSSMA manual have been updated and expanded. If you are preparing a student for a jazz adjudication, please spend a few minutes reading the new explanations and rules.
- NEW THIS YEAR: strings only festival, level 1-4. If you are sending your string students on a level 1-4 piece, they must attend this festival.
- NYSSMA has not posted the All-State applications as of this writing, January 11, 2019. Per NYSSMA, the applications will be available at nyssma.org in the next two weeks. I will inform you when they are posted and available.
- If you have questions about which festival your students should attend please visit http://wcsma.org/which-festival-do-i-attend/
- NYSSMA information can be found at http://www.nyssma.org/membership/zone-maps/zone-11/ and at http://www.wcsma.org
All solochair registration will be open on Monday, January 14, 2019.
All information is attached in pdf form – any questions, please write to me or your festival’s host.
Wishing our students a successful, positive adjudication experience!
NYSSMA Zone11 Representative