Greeting WCSMA Members,
I am pleased to tell you that WCSMA is sponsoring a music technology workshop for General Music Teachers! The content offered will be applicable across the grade levels of the participants who register for the workshop. Please find below a summary of the workshop.
Methods of Instruction GarageBand Workshop
- Facilitator: Lisa DiNome, Sleepy Hollow Middle School Performing Arts Department
- Location: Sleepy Hollow Middle School Exploratory Music Lab (Room 515A)
- Dates: Monday, February 3, 2020, and Monday, March 2, 2020
- Snow dates: Wednesday, February 5, 2020, and Wednesday, March 4, 2020
- Time: 4:00-6:00 PM
- Objective: Teachers will learn how to use GarageBand as an effective tool to enhance the General Music Curriculum with Differentiation, Cooperative Grouping, and Project-Based Learning. Teachers will learn to use GarageBand as a vehicle to teach melody, harmony, and rhythm while maximizing all learners musical potential.
- Topics will include: Composition with loops, piano composition, program music, and film scoring. Teachers will receive sample lesson plans and other materials.
- Materials: Teachers will be supplied with a MacBook or iMac for instructional purposes during the workshop.
If you are interested in attending this workshop, please complete the Registration Form that is included below by Wednesday, January 29th.
I look forward to seeing you there!