The registration deadline for this festival is March 15, 2019
Registrations for this festival must be done online at SoloChair.com.
If you are unfamiliar with online registration please visit http://solochair.com/directions.php.
You may register all your students at once, or a few at a time.
By the registration deadline:
- Print invoice and send with one payment to the address on the invoice.
- Please do not send multiple checks.
- Districts with unpaid fees will not receive score sheets until full payment is submitted.
- Be certain that the solo is from the correct section of the manual
- Be sure that you have checked that the solo is in the manual
- Make sure you have a standard Edition or the required Edition
- Register All-State Voice applicants with the correct voice part designation (I or II)
- Check that the All-State vocal solos are in the correct key for the voice part
- Any 24 Italian Art Song edition may be used provided the sung key matches the key listed in the manual.
- Vocal students performing a Broadway or Folk Song, please make sure it is the correct edition.
- Pieces must appear in the NYSSMA Manual XXXII (July 2018)
Please submit one check covering your entire registration rather than separate checks from individual students.
Fees: Levels 1-4 = $16, Levels 5&6 = $24, All-State = $30
All-State applications MUST be completed at NYSSMA.org in addition to the application on Solochair
All-State applications must be printed and submitted to Alan Goidel with all the required signatures by March 15, 2019.
Students using recorded accompaniments will be responsible for providing appropriate equipment for playing the recording. Playing directly from a phone without the use of auxiliary speakers is not appropriate. Do not depend on wifi availability to stream your accompaniment.
Be cautious when depending on Bluetooth, a wired system is more reliable.
Any technical problems may result in stopping your student’s adjudication from continuing.
- Please share this festival information with other teachers from your district who will be sending students to this festival.
- If siblings are performing fill out the Solochair form appropriately for the scheduling request of your students.
- If a student is performing in multiple solos/ensembles, make sure that every teacher involved marks the ‘multiple’ column.
PLEASE REMEMBER: A request is a request. It is not a demand, nor a command.
After the schedule is published, teachers will be able to make schedule adjustments for their own students. They will not be able to delete registrants. Only cancel. Canceling only removes the student from the festival. It does not remove them from your invoice.
- NO REFUNDS for canceled auditions will be given after the festival has closed
- You may “DELETE” until the scheduling begins
- You may “CANCEL” at any time
- “CANCELING” does not remove the fee from your invoice
- You must pay for all “CANCELED” auditions. Questions and correspondence about this festival may be emailed to Alan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do not email the Solochair webmaster about festival-specific questions
PLEASE SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH THE MUSIC TEACHERS ON YOUR STAFF
All correspondence should be sent to Alan Goidel
Contact by email only: email@example.com
Date of Festival: April 26 & 27, 2019
Solochair Registration Deadline: March 15, 2019
Host: Alan Goidel
Ardsley Middle School, 700 Ashford Avenue, Ardsley, NY 10502
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: The address to mail in payment is different from the Festival location:
Festival Payments, Invoices and All State Forms:
Ardsley High School
300 Farm Rd.
Ardsley, NY 10502
Festival Location: Ardsley Middle School
700 Ashford Avenue
Ardsley, NY 10502